Learn basic kayak rolling skills under the guidance of ACA-certified instructors!
*Offsite and non-profit pricing available upon request
Book Your Own Custom Private Lesson in Massachusetts
If you prefer individualized attention from your kayak, canoe or stand-up-paddleboard instructor or have a group, family, limited dates or other instruction needs, a specialized custom tailored clinic could be ideal. We regularly run custom clinics as small as one person or as large as twelve people. To set up your custom clinic follow these simple steps:
- Come up with the skills you want to work on and the date(s) that work best for you.
- Fill out our Custom Clinic Request Form and submit it online.
- We will work to set up an instructor for your clinic and we will get back to you to book the clinic.
Please note that we can not fill all custom requests due to instructor availability. The more lead time and possible dates you can give us, the better your chances of being able to book a custom clinic. On busier days, we may ask you to provide a vehicle capable of carrying the instructor, students, boats and gear.
Top 3 Reasons to Go
- Set-up a clinic to your own goals
- Our friendly professional instructors are ACA certified and love passing on their passion for the sport
- Our full-service adventure resort offers onsite camping and lodging
(If you own your own equipment, we suggest you use it in the clinic to get used to its quirks.)
While some of the flatwater areas we use are quite warm in June, July, and August, the Deerfield River is always cool, regardless of the time of year or air temperature. When packing your paddling clothes, please plan accordingly, especially if you are coming early or late in the season (April, May, September, and October). Our clinics will run rain or shine.
Wear items such as:
- Synthetic long underwear, garments made of plypropylene, capilene, or some polyester/spandex blend.
- Fleece or wool socks
- Bathing suit
- Fleece or wool jacket/sweater (early/late season or if you tend to chill easily)
Other items to bring:
- Retaining strap for glasses
- Nose plugs
- Required medications
- Extra money for snacks, t-shirts, or coin-operated showers.
- Paddle jacket
- Life jacket
- We provide a catered picnic-style lunch on all our clinics. Typical lunches include homemade rolls, sliced turkey, ham or other meats, sliced cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, chips, salsa, hummus, pasta or other salad, cookies or other dessert and hot and cold drinks.
The following statement is required by state law: “Before placing your order, please inform your server if a person in your party has a food allergy.”
We do not use nuts in our food, but can not guarantee that the ingredients in our meals do not contain nuts or other food allergens. If you have food allergies or other special dietary needs, we strongly suggest you bring your own bag lunch in non-glass containers and we will pack it with the other lunches on your trip. Please inform our office at 800 532-7483 or [email protected] if you intend to do this.