Paddler Appreciation Day
Paddler Appreciation Days:
You won’t want to miss the:
- Paddling School Reunion Skills Clinics (Use code “APPRECIATE24” for the special clinic discount)
- Used Boat & Gear Sale
- End of Season Sales on New Gear & Boats
- Saturday night movie (starting at 6pm – BYO drinks)
We can’t wait to paddle with you!
All folks who are part of our Deerfield River paddling community. We welcome folks to join our reunion clinics who have taken instruction clinics with us during the 2023 and 2024 seasons!
Participants age 14 and up are welcome.
The Deerfield River is always cool, regardless of the time of year or air temperature. When packing your river clothes, please plan accordingly. Our event will run rain or shine. You will be getting wet! Everyone will be fitted with a personal floatation device (PFD), helmet, spray skirt, kayak, and paddle. If the weather is colder or you run cold, we also have wetsuits, booties, and splash tops available.
Wear items such as:
- Synthetic long underwear, garments made of polypropylene, Capilene, or some polyester/spandex blend
- Fleece or wool socks
- Bathing suit
- Fleece or wool jacket/sweater (early/late season or if you tend to chill easily)
- Closed toed shoes that are ok to get wet
Other items to bring:
- Retaining strap for glasses
- Nose plugs
- Required medications
- Extra money for snacks, T-shirts, or coin-operated showers
Spring & Summer Wear
Close-toed shoes. For your safety, no sandals or flip flops will be permitted.
Light jacket, fleece top, or sweater
Rain Jacket with hood
You should remove any dangling jewelry and tie long hair back. Please leave valuables in the car while you’re taking the clinic. We have a key box where we would be happy to keep your car keys until you are off the tour.
Can I bring my camera?
We don’t recommend bringing any electronics on the water because the river has no guarantees of keeping it safe and dry. However, if you have a waterproof container to put your phone in with a clip or lanyard that you can attach your phone to you, you are welcome to do so.